Tournament of Ducks Parade
Rules & Regulations
Saturday August 26th, 2017
Grand Marshall Dave Johnson
2017 Theme: Race The Rails (Railroad)
All Categories Welcome!
All entries will be judged according to the theme
$100 & Plaque
1. Please mail or drop your entry at the Chamber of Commerce at 800 E Pine Street
2. Float dimension restrictions: Length: None Height: 12’ Width: 8”
3. Any moving vehicle will be able to have flyers, candy, etc. with someone HANDING out the material. The throwing/tossing of material from parade entries to the crown on the sidelines is prohibited.
4. Insurance and liability are the sole responsibility of participants.
5. The use of squirt guns, silly string or other items potential dangerous to spectators is strictly forbidden.
6. All units in the parade are to follow the Reckless Driving Ordinance 12-6-12.3. Any unit not complying to this ordinance will be removed from the parade and not permitted to return.
We ask that all participants have patience and abide by the rules. We continue to think of the safety of all participants and it is important that you and all of your float participants do the same. Thank you for your cooperation and participation.
You must download, print and complete the entry form and mail or drop it off at the Deming Chamber of Commerce, 800 E. Pine, Deming, NM 88030.
Parade Day Guidelines
1. Staging area and parade check in will be at the Starmax Parking Lot
2. Bring ALL parade entries to Starmax.
3. DESIGNATE ONLY ONE person to pick up the entry number from the sign in table.
4. Parade Check in will begin at 8:00 AM and end promptly at 9:30 AM. NO LATE ENTRIES WILL BE ALLOWED
5. Parade will begin promptly at 10:00 AM
6. Your driving pace will be no more than a car length, please try to avoid large gaps or sudden stops
7. The Judges Booth will be in front of Wells Fargo Bank.
8. Each entry has NO MORE THAN 45 seconds to stop in front of the Judges
9. Parade results will be available at the Chamber of Commerce booth after 3:00 PM on Saturday
10. Plaques will be presented Sunday afternoon before the Duck Race Finals at Courthouse Park