Tournament of Ducks Parade
Rules & Regulations
Saturday August 25th, 2018
Grand Marshall Chris Brice
2018 Theme: Race The Tide
All Categories Welcome!
All entries will be judged according to the theme
$100 & Plaque
1. Please mail or drop your entry at the Chamber of Commerce at 800 E Pine Street
2. Float dimension restrictions: Length: None Height: 12’ Width: 8”
3. Any moving vehicle will be able to have flyers, candy, etc. with someone HANDING out the material. The throwing/tossing of material from parade entries to the crowd on the sidelines is prohibited.
4. Insurance and liability are the sole responsibility of participants.
5. The use of squirt guns, silly string or other items potential dangerous to spectators is
6. All units in the parade are to follow the Reckless Driving Ordinance 12-6-12.3 (shown below in italics). Any unit not complying to this ordinance will be removed from the parade and not permitted to return.
We ask that all participants have patience and abide by the rules. We continue to think of the safety of all participants and it is important that you and all of your float participants do the same. Thank you for your cooperation and participation.
12-6-12.3 RECKLESS DRIVING AND AGGRESSIVE DRIVING.
A. Any person who drives any vehicle carelessly and heedlessly in willful or wanton disregard of the rights or safety of others and without due caution and circumspection and at a speed or in a manner so as to endanger or be likely to endanger any person or property is guilty of reckless driving.
B. Any person who operates any motor vehicle with the intent to annoy, harass, molest, intimidate, injure, or obstruct another person is guilty of aggressive driving.
C. Every person convicted of reckless or aggressive driving shall be punished:
(1) Upon a first conviction by imprisonment for not less than five days nor more than ninety days, or by a fine of not less than one hundred dollars ($100.00) nor more than two hundred fifty dollars ($250.00), or both; and
(2) On a second or subsequent conviction by imprisonment for not less than ten days nor more than ninety days, or by a fine of not less than two hundred fifty dollars ($250.00) nor more than five hundred dollars ($500.00), or both. [66-8-113 NMSA 1978]
You must download, print and complete the entry form and mail or drop it off at the Deming Chamber of Commerce, 800 E. Pine, Deming, NM 88030.
Parade Day Guidelines
1. Staging area will be at the Starmax Parking Lot.
2. DESIGNATE ONLY ONE person to pick up the entry number from the sign in table.
3. Parade Check in will begin at 8:00 AM and end promptly at 9:30 AM. NO LATE ENTRIES WILL BE ALLOWED.
4. Parade will begin promptly at 10:00 AM.
5. Your driving pace will be no more than a car length, please try to avoid large gaps or sudden stops.
6. The Judges Booth will be in front of Wells Fargo Bank.
7. Each entry has NO MORE THAN 45 seconds to stop in front of the Judges.
8. Parade results will be available at the Chamber of Commerce booth after 3:00 PM on Saturday.